So, as stated in the previous post, Luke had seizure like activity Wednesday evening from about 2 in the afternoon until he went to bed that night. Thursday morning offered no relief. He was agitated, crying, and seemed to be continuing to have seizure like storms going on. He got a dose of Ativan at 9 and again at 11:30, but he still continued his discomfort and agitation, not the mention the increased amount of his normal seizures he was having. It almost seemed as if the Ativan was revving him up which is the complete opposite of what it is supposed to be doing. So, we are having seizure activity for almost 24 hours and his rescue med is not stopping his seizures, giving no comfort, and maybe even making him more uncomfortable.
I'm just going to hit the high points if you don't mind:
1. Got the call. Left work, headed to Cincinnati.
2. Went through ER to be admitted.
3. Received another does of Ativan (this time IV) through accessed port.
4. Became very/ more agitated.
5. Continued to have normal size seizures. Crying stopped.
6. Got moved up to floor.
7. Ate some graham crackers.
8. Have told the same story literally 14 times today (that is NO joke).
9. Have confirmed his home meds 5 times
10. That's it. No big changes tonight. Just waiting to hear from Dr. Franz about plan tomorrow.
11. Oh, and he has had 20 seizures today.
And, I'll be darned if I don't end this cranky little update with a sweet ray of sunshine. We got his blood work back and, based on my experience in hematology, his numbers look really good. Granted no one has come by to tell us that... dang it... I was doing so well. I'm about to go shower and watch some makeup tutorials on YouTube, that may help. Never mind, Luke just woke back up. Guess its a dry shampoo kind of trip.
Mother of two amazing little boys, one who just happens to be a TS warrior.